Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Inflation Has Begun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Inflation Has Begun

    I had to clean coffee off my monitor and out of my keyboard after i saw this.

    Altec Lansing 515B,RARE 4! w/Crate & History=EXCELLENT! - eBay (item 220464199449 end time Aug-19-09 12:00:00 PDT)
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Inflation Has Begun


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Jeez, and butchered ones with aftermarket voice coils too...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    "TALK ABOUT AN ITEM THAT CONTINUES TO GROW IN VALUE!"

    Uh.... yeah. 31 grand each? Starting price? What's that all about?
    Is he just crazy, or hoping to get an offer off eBay?

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    "TALK ABOUT AN ITEM THAT CONTINUES TO GROW IN VALUE!"

    Uh.... yeah. 31 grand each? Starting price? What's that all about?
    Is he just crazy, or hoping to get an offer off eBay?
    126K, now..... no bids, he's just upped the price. Skimming through his entire auction, and reading his answers to questions.... he's crazy. I was going to "ask seller a question" but decided not to give the guy any more attention.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bOUddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2009
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    I also feel ?money? will no doubt come more my way someday
    I'm getting a sense from whence Robbin' Robin is expecting this money...

    You think he'd offer me a discount if he knew I was actually the Green Lantern in real life?

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    ...butchered ones with aftermarket voice coils too...
    Clearly the value is in the swanky custom leather dustcovers!

    I bet it's rich Corinthian leather to boot.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Quote Originally Posted by gearfreak View Post
    Clearly the value is in the swanky custom leather dustcovers!

    I bet it's rich Corinthian leather to boot.
    I thought that was duct tape at first :-)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    The guy that wrote the question that begins, "Not really interested" is clearly taking this way too seriously. You can't get a rational answer from a crack pot like this!
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Inflation Has Begun

    Nurse Rachet success story?

    MK Ultra graduate?

    Woodstock anniversary flashback?

    PalinMania? (nah, too lucid)

    'sa crazy world out thar folks. Kinda makes you wanna strap on a grenade belt 'fore ya head down to K-Mart, huh?
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.